Courts

High Court Greenlights JSC To Probe Petitions Seeking Removal Of Judge Sankale Ole Kantai

The High Court in Nairobi has declined to bar the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) from probing petitions seeking the removal of Court of Appeal Judge Sankale Ole Kantai over alleged gross misconduct.

Judge Ole Kantai had moved to court seeking orders not to appear before the commission.

Through his lawyer, the judge on Wednesday, during the mention of the case, asked Justice Anthony Mrima to stop the commission for a period of at least 10 days.

His plea was however declined by the court.

There are two petitions that have been filed before the JSC seeking the removal of Judge Ole Kantai from office over alleged gross misconduct.

One was filed by activist Okiya Omtatah and the second by late businessman Tob Cohen’s sister, Gabrielle Can Starten.

The judge was on February 2020 arrested and grilled at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters in Nairobi over claims that he allegedly interfered with investigations into Cohen’s murder.

Kantai is allegedly a close friend to the main suspect in the Cohen murder case: his widow Sarah Wairimu. Detectives previously claimed that the judge ‘coached’ Wairimu as investigations were ongoing.


There's no story that cannot be told. We cover the stories that others don't want to be told, we bring you all the news you need. If you have tips, exposes or any story you need to be told bluntly and all queries write to us [email protected] also find us on Telegram

Related posts

Ndichu Brothers Fail To Take Plea In Assault Case

nairobi-exposed

Pay Ksh.16M Medical Bill, New House, New Car…: Deal That DJ Evolve, Babu Owino Struck To Have Case Dropped

nairobi-exposed

Monica Kimani murder: Jowie Irungu in hot soup after he allegedly assaulted a man in pub while out on bond

nairobi-exposed

US GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR WHO ADMITTED TO SWALLOWING FOUR COCAINE PELLETS WAS IN KENYA FOR HOLIDAY

nairobi-exposed

Corruption Cases Lined Up For Anti-Corruption Court This Week

nairobi-exposed

Court Freezes Accounts Of Congolese Holding Sh294M

nairobi-exposed

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More